1 okt. 2016

Game 1 Wales Dant

So the first game. I'm always super nervous for the first game. What if you get one of tier one the first game. We check out their lists and there is nothing really I am scared of. So we roll of and they win the roll and pick that we have to throw out first. So lets talk a bit about the tactics I used when I threw people out. The best person to throw out is a person with only one bad matchup. So here our troll player had one 2 and the rest 3:s so I threw him to the wolves. He picked the not two and then we jumped on that person and so on. Leaving the people with really good matchups against everything to the last two. My self and Fredrik I think it was but don't really remember. The matchup ended up with:
 
Niklas Bergmark
Madrak 2
vs
Sam Derbyshire
Maelok 1
Torbjorn Hansson
Vayl 2
vs
Pete Hillard
Butcher 3
Fredrik Rabén
Haley 3
vs
Terry Slade
Vayl 2
Gustav Linderup
Kreoss 3
vs
Byron Liles
Gunnbjorn 1
Ola Segerberg
Issyria 1
 
vs
Paul Letherby
Mordikaar 1

Which were all good matchups for us.

Pete Hillard

Stockpile - Steamroller Objective
Kommander Zoktavir, the Butcher Unleashed - WJ: +22
- War Argus - War Dog - PC: 3
- Beast 09 - PC: 21
- Ruin - PC: 17
- Juggernaut - PC: 12
- Kodiak - PC: 13
Man-O-War Kovnik - PC: 5
Battle Mechaniks - Leader & 5 Grunts: 5
Man-O-War Shocktroopers - Leader & 4 Grunts: 16
- Man-O-War Shocktrooper Officer - PC: 4

Fuel Cache - Steamroller Objective
Kommander Oleg Strakhov - WJ: +28
- Behemoth - PC: 24 (Battlegroup Points Used: 24)
- Ruin - PC: 17 (Battlegroup Points Used: 4)
Kovnik Jozef Grigorovich - PC: 4
Greylord Outriders - Leader & 4 Grunts: 20
Winter Guard Field Gun Crew - Gunner & 2 Grunts: 4
Winter Guard Rifle Corps - Leader & 9 Grunts: 13
- Winter Guard Rocketeer - PC: 2
- Winter Guard Rocketeer - PC: 2
- Winter Guard Rocketeer - PC: 2
Iron Fang Pikemen - Leader & 9 Grunts: 15

He had these two lists and I knew that he would drop B3 and I could drop either of my lists into that. If he for some reason dropped Strakhov then Vayl2 felt a lot better. So I went for Vayl2 and he dropped Butcher3. If you have read any of my old Butcher3 articles you know how I deal with B3. Stay out of his threat and then force him to commit and have enough to kill him left over when he does. The only difference between mk2 and mk3 here is that B3 got worse. He can no longer charge his own models and camp does less for him.

I win the roll and decide to go first. Vayl throws one deadly storm into the Desperate Pace dude. Do about 4 damage. Then rest of my army runs as far forward as possible.


In his turn he repairs the desperate pace dude and then stuff runs forward. He keeps his two expensive jacks outside of 14" from the AA. Like I'm going to charge them top of two :D


Since the Man-o-Wars ran this is my turn to slaughter them all. So Vayl2 throws 2*Chasten killing one . Seraph kills one and then AA kills 1 and leaves another on 2 boxes. Which 2 Deathstalkers take care of. Leaving a two in the unit. I kill all the middle dudes to try and stop him from being able to contest and shield wall with them. It does not work and the front one makes it inside of 4" of the flag. 


In his turn he tries to get ruin into my carnivean but he is 1 mm out. I forgot that Ruin gets pathfinder with b3 so thought I was safe behind the wall but my old mk2 perfect placement worked just fine. So anyway. He energizers and have handed out two. So to not die from all my guns he feats and I feel like I have won the game.

In my turn AA kills the two Man-o-Wars. Seraph tags ruin and then ruin gets pulled in by the Maw. Carnivean beat it almost to death. Taking both arms. leaving it with a couple of boxes in M and C. The Naga boost a shot to try and finish it. Crit shadow binds but fluffs the damage so it does not matter. Shadow bound and outside of 12" of butcher is good enough. So Vayl2 just slipstream the carnivean out and stick admonition on it. to keep it safe. Then my DS start killing mechanics. Making room so NBT can push the Jugger away from the flag. So I can score 2-0.

So it's looking grim in his turn 3. Ruin kills the Maw and his Jugger charge my DS to contest the right flag. Beast tries to kill the seraph but miss one 7+ and leave seraph on about 5 boxes. Feeling that he has lost the game Butcher3 walks up aggressively.


Seraph and Carnivean kill Beast. Naga tries to be a hero and kill Ruin again but nope. AA rips apart the Jugger and I score 4-0. He can contest the right flag with 2 mechanics and one dog. So I feel rather okay that Vayl2 and the AA will be able to take care of that. I place all my beasts on a line so that it will be harder for him to drag them all in. It does not really work.

B3 comes in and kills carnivean and seraph. Then I win on scenario 5-4 since I do not care enough to contest his flags.


The team goes 5-0 and we are of to a really good start. I had a couple of times where I thought I might be dead now but my old Mk2 eyeballing and placement skills really showed of their merit here. 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar