17 maj 2017

DMF Third of May 2017

Game 1 vs Protectorate

So game one I'm paired up against a newer player with menoth. He had Malekus and Severius2. I'm pretty sure he will drop Sev2. So I drop Abby2. She got enough juice to hit through menoth dudes even without the charge.


So I go second. He runs up and mini feats with his Idrians, also giving them Arcane Ward. Def 19 makes them kinda immune to ravagore shots.


Carnivean doesn't care though.. Naga give him wraithbane and Carinvean assaults. He needs nines to hit, miss one boosted but hit one of the hard ones and he kills 4. Finally a ravagore walk up and hit the random 14. Killing 5 Idrians really puts him behind.

In his turn he shoots a bit at me. Trying to kill the Carnivean but falls short. Then he walks Sevvy2 into the zone to force me to contest it. That leaves Sevvy2 inside of 14" from Carnivean. So I just kill everything in the way and he dies from Carnivean to face.


Game 2

So if you have read my ideas you know I think trolls are kinda weak right now. So I felt rather comfortable with playing Abby2 into trolls. Doomy1 has gotten a lot weaker then in the old days but Abby2 has gotten stronger.


I get to start and that is always a good thing against trolls. They don't get that free turn to fill up the stone and run up into the zone. It means that he gets a nice forest to hide behind though and a nice place for his Earthborne to stand. Inside of 2" from a house and a piece of rough terrain.

So I run up and he runs up. Following the old and tested rule of Doomy1. Feat the turn after you want to feat.


So he set up Mulg and the Earthborne as my targets. It should be an easy turn. Flare them both and then send everything in. Abby2 with two charge attacks, 2 ravagore shots. Naga shot for a crit shadowbind chance. Then Carni into Earthborne and Ravagore into Mulg I fudge up though.

I play way to passive with Abby2. She slipstreams walks back out of Mulgs animus range to spiny and then repositions forward again. Then the Seraph rolls one shot and I flare Mulg instead of the Earthborne. Making that def 10 into 8 is totally super important instead of lowering the def of the Eartheborne. I also fail to do the Naga and try to get a crit shadow bind. Both ravagores should also go first and put one shot into each to stop him from whelping me for -1 mat. So carnivean goes in. Missed 4 6+ in a row and all of a sudden I know I will fall short. So shift focus into Mulg and he goes down but my plan failed. The Earthborne lives on about 15 boxes.


So since I fail to kill both I have waisted my feat and he can heal the Earthborne, rage it and it kills both Carnivean and Ravagore. I'm kinda sad at this point but I soldier on. His feat means I can't do anything so all of my stuff backs away. I try to shoot out the Mauler that had ran out of stone. I fall short a couple of boxes though since Absylonia2 misses a hex bolt. Fury 6 vs def 10 was harder than it should be.


 So once again a beast was left on a couple of boxes. It kills the objective and a ravagore.


 In some kind of desperation play I go for his caster. Abby2 kills the mauler. If he wants to reeve the fury he will frenzy with everything on the board. He does not want to do that though so I go for his caster. Seraph and ravagore can get to him. He has taken a couple of boxes from walking into scathers and stuff but it's not even close to enough. He transfers the one big hit and the rest does not do enough.


In his turn he goes for Abby2. It fails but one huge swing forces me to transfer to my last ravagore and it gets eaten by the earthborne.

With a minute left I go for Doomy. taking a couple of freestrikes on the seraph. Which leaves it on one box. Stone dudes hit hard. Not that I had a good shot at killing him anyhow.

I fucked this game up so hard. When he gives me two beasts it should just be game over. I could send in Abby2 as well. Giving me a couple of extra attacks. There is no way he kills me camping 2.

This is probably the archetype of a game to why some people don't like to play Abby2. I failed on the alpha turn and then the dice did not help. All of a sudden she is behind huge. The army is really a glass cannon but if I had stayed in there and not spent as much time as I did trying to fix my plans that kept failing I would have been in a good spot here at the end. The two forsakens do huge amount of damage into troll heavies. While Abby2 finishes of one steals it fury and walks away each turn.

I really need to start training with hardcore timing again. This is kinda ridiculous how much time I spent planning and planning again since my plan failed.

Game 3

It takes a special kind of self punishment to play against Nemo3. I don't fucking know what to do. Vayl2:s 15% is the best game plan I have found so far. I wanted to test Lylyth2 into it. I can shoot first and hopefully cripple his army.


So he goes first. Runs up outside of 23". Giving me those sweet 3" to run up the board. 


 So he runs up to where he threatens everything but is just outside of my aiming range.


So it's my feat turn and I kill 30 points of horses and in retaliation he kills 75 points of legion heavies. 


I try for an last ditch assassination it fails and he trivially gets 5-0 on scenario.


That did not work. Not at all.

Game 3

I'm down in the 1-2 bracket so I get a fresh face. Playing Cryx with Agathia. Well yeah. Stealth feat against legion that does not really work


Turn 1 he runs up I quickly kill 6 blackbanes with Lylyth, a ravagore and NBT.


So he runs around a bit more and I finish the game with putting my full feat into Agathia. She dies on the second ravagore. Camping everything is not as powerful as it was before.



When you only have 2 large bases to hide your caster with a Bolt thrower can totally wreck your day. Pew Pew.

2-2 is not the tournament result I wanted. I'm kind out of ideas for how to deal with Nemo3. I have tried Lylyth1-3 Abby2. Thags1, Vayl2 and I feel like there is nothing I can do.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar