8 okt. 2016

WTC Game 3 Australia Echidna


So yeah. At 2-0 it's time for the shark tank. We get the big white of sharks Aus Echidna. Once again a team with a Retribution player so the rest of the team wants to dodge him.

Chris Davies
Strakhov 1
vs
Ola Segerberg
Issyria 1
Dylan Simmer
Kaelyssa 1
vs
Torbjorn Hansson
Vayl 2
Jack Ding
High Reclaimer 1
vs
Gustav Linderup
Kreoss 3
Tom Guan
Wurmwood 1
vs
Fredrik Rabén
Haley 3
Colin Hill
Rask 1
vs
Niklas Bergmark
Borka 1


Dylan Simmer:
Fuel Cache - Steamroller ObjectiveAdeptis Rahn - WJ: +26
- Sylys Wyshnalyrr, The Seeker - PC: 4
- Chimera - PC: 8 (Battlegroup Points Used: 8)
- Chimera - PC: 8 (Battlegroup Points Used: 8)
- Sphinx - PC: 13 (Battlegroup Points Used: 10)
- Discordia - PC: 18
Arcanist Mechanik - PC: 2
Arcanist Mechanik - PC: 2
Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress - PC: 3
House Shyeel Magister - PC: 4
House Shyeel Battle Mages - Leader & 5 Grunts: 10
House Shyeel Battle Mages - Leader & 5 Grunts: 10
Mage Hunter Infiltrators - Leader & 9 Grunts: 13
- Eiryss, Mage Hunter Commander - PC: 6

Fuel Cache - Steamroller Objective
Kaelyssa, The Night's Whisper - WJ: +29
- Banshee - PC: 18 (Battlegroup Points Used: 18)
- Banshee - PC: 18 (Battlegroup Points Used: 11)
- Discordia - PC: 18
Arcanist Mechanik - PC: 2
Arcanist Mechanik - PC: 2
Arcanist Mechanik - PC: 2
Eiryss, Angel of Retribution - PC: 6
Fane Knight Skeryth Issyen - PC: 8
Dawnguard Sentinels - Leader & 9 Grunts: 18
- Dawnguard Sentinel Officer & Standard - Officer & Standard: 4
House Vyre Electromancers - Leader & 2 Grunts: 8

When I look at his lists I know I'm playing Vayl2. I have tested Kaelyssa vs Abby2 once. She dispelled spiny and bracer and killed three carniveans in one turn. It was not a fun experience.


I win the roll and choose to go first. I place the Maw so It's just barely in the zone and then it's a normal deployment.


Turn 1 I try to kill 3 sentinels but fail the 4+ 6+ twice and only get one which kinda stings. It's probably worth triggering vengeance for two not for one. Then my army run up just outside of his threat range.


So his turn 1 he puts up his upkeep's, run up aggressively and feats. Blur goes on the Sentinels, Refuge on Disco and Banishing ward on Kae. 

I made a couple of mistake here. I put admonition on the carnivean. Should be Occultation. Then I wraithbane Carnivean, AA and Seraph. I should just use a tentacle to Chasten a couple of dudes. Anyway. Last game of the day and my brain was frayed.

So AA, seraph and Carnivean shoot Sentinels. AA crits on the third shot and light 3 on fire. I have used a lot of fury so Naga and NBT does not get to shoot this turn. So they just walk out of threat. The DS walked up and shot a Sentinel but he had saved his shield guard for that moment. I have had a post-it note on my hand. I don't know how many times I have failed against Ret or Menoth. All since the old models that gained Shield Guard. Oh oh.


So in his turn the fire goes out on the left one and the two other dies. He starts thinking about ways to kill my Maw. The left dude can just barely reach the maw. Giving me this oh oh feeling. The Banshees just walk up and knock down the Carnivean and I feel stupid for putting admonition on it. The Fane knight kills the deathstalker in the way for the last Sent->maw action. Then the Sentinels charge. One into the seraph kill about half of it. It's hiding behind the AA in the picture. One knock out half the carnivean, leaving it on 8 boxes.The last one does about 6 damage to Maw. Then Disco walk up. Kill the maw and the sent that was there.

Then his caster camps 4 and runs into the zone behind the Banshee. Letting him score up to 3-0. This is kind of a bad spot for me.


I'm really tempted to try a caster kill here. I can get, 2 deadly storm blasts, Carnivean Assault sprey, Seraph, AA, Naga and NBT shooting into her. But then 2 deadly storms+carnivean has to kill a banshee. With one focus on it for standing up that feels a bit risky. Sure I should do it but the grind can work out rather nicely here for me. In hind sight I should have gone for it. That assassination has better odds then what I did.

So Seraph used Apparition to get out of melee and inside of 8 from Fane Knight. Letting the DS aim and safely take care of the 2 Sentinels. Vayl2 feats and heals the lost aspects. Put boundless charge on the carnivean and after some bad rolls only unhorse the fane knight. So seraph walks in to the position of the Maw and kill the fane knight.

AA walk up and shoot the back Banshee. Then walk even closer with reposition. To kinda get into his grill. Jamming with an AA is never a good plan. I have no idea what I was thinking. NBT and Naga shoot the back banshee. Both crit and it's forced to shake twice in his turn. Leaving it on about half it's boxes. Sadly not taking out cortex. Then Carnivean kills the front one.

So in his turn 3 he goes for broke. His caster aims and tries to kill my carnivean. After some bad rolls it lives. Then Banshee and  Disco team up and take care of carnivean and AA.

That leaves his caster standing with one camp and I failed the grind. So time to kill this sucker. NBT aim crit and knock Kae down push her 3" backwards and Naga leaves her on one. So DS just casually walk up and does not roll the snakes. So I win the game.


This is what we in Sweden call the Bolt Thrower out. When you are just tiered of playing the game. Activate the NBT and shoot their caster. If it's a crit you just win the game.

The Muse on Minis guys called this an dicey assassination on their stream by the way. Sure any assassination is but needing 9 and an 8 is not that bad odds. If I crit the first the second needs snakes.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar